Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Mods

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: testing mods
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:57 am 

Thank You! You taught me how to do it :)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:05 pm 

Upgraded Marksmans had way to strong crossbow so i gave them a weaker one for the Dawn Army :)

Last edited by GreedyWolf on Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

nice to see other modders at the forum, keep on :)

Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:28 pm 

rupuz, you mentioned in a post that to change the unit stats one would need to change the stats of the armor he's wearing. After looking through the armor type stats offset I couldn't seem to find the armsman armor for example. Do you happen to know where they are?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

I think that post is misleading, now I checked more in detail and I can't find it too
maybe in a rush I checked wrong ID
I'll delete that post

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:54 pm 

So I worked a bit on my editor, found the unit stats linked to the runes and tested a few things. The first was raising the strength to an absurd number like 8000 and testing the damage of a few units. And they all did between 200 and 3000 depending on the weapon. But unit stats linked to the rune isn't that surprising. What was interesting was the fact that the units themselves don't seem to have different stats. I gave the recruit, scout, marksman and cleric (level 8 by the way) the same weapon and let them fight a few spiders (level 3). The damage was around 5-10 for every one of them. Of course this isn't thoroughly tested but it confirms the theory atleast a bit.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

here is the formula for an actual damage:

((unit level * armor factor) * armor class) / ((unit level * weapon factor) * item damage value)

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:03 pm 

Greetings Forum. I am new here,

I have played Spellforce for years now, but never have I found something close to real mods for this game before... You are doing an amazing job here. :D
I have played with the "Humans to Order" mod and can not wait to continue my game but first, may I ask you a question or two?

Are more than one gamedata.cff mergable, meaning the Order of Dawn.cff and the Iceelves.cff?

And could you show me how to change the human Roster to the imperial Army of Xu and the Red Legion? It seems a bit complex to mod Spellforce and I want to get it right before messing up my gamedata.cff

Hope this post is at the right place and not to demanding, have a nice day and please continue with your amazing work.
-Urelius-

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:39 am 

GreedyWolf wrote:
Hey!

I've made my first mod by the help of this forum The Dawn Army as Humans and also made them stronger, I hope you will enjoy it :)

Oh my god. I love you.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:41 pm 

Okay guys, I found this topic some time ago and I would really love to have snow elves instead of normal ones (because normal spellforce got a little boring [I have finished it like 15 times]).
And there starts my problem... I tottaly don't know how to use Dragon UnPACKer. I have Dragon UnPACKer 5.6.2 and the question is, how do I move the files to spelforce directory. I can choose original Spellforce pak and extract them, but I can't open the modded version.
At first I thought it was rar file, so I unpacked it (packed version is still there) and I found some files that had the name matching the files inside SF original pak files.
How exactly can I do it ?
I tried moving Snow Elves files into matching folders, but I can't move them into Dragon UnPACKer...
And I can't open compressed SE pack becuse Dragon UnPACKer doesn't know the file and tries to use HyperRipper and fails... Help me guys, I really want these elves...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Mods