Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Mods

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:42 am 

This editor is amazing.

I got it working with a few extra steps. I started it, changed a Spell and simply closed the editor. I then got a Gamedata.cff.mod file in the folder of the gamedata I edited. I opened the mod file with a hex editor, changed the first 2 digits from 00 to 12 (since for some reason if I don't the game crashes when I start it), then deleted the original file and renamed the mod file to Gamedata.cff.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:22 pm 

Bumping, also got some news.

Seems like Hokan had forgotten his account password on here, but he asked me to tell you that he's been continuing work on his editor. I myself only found out about his editor yesterday but I was amazed by how much work he's done there.

Here is his work so far, the alpha-3 version is most up-to-date yet.
https://github.com/Hokan-Ashir/SFGameDataEditor

He also asked me to ask you for help with fixing some issues with the editor (mostly some missing spell parameters and UI fixes).

Here's what he wrote in his e-mail:
Quote:
Where did you heard about this editor? If you get this link from http://spellforcefanforum.hostoi.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=242&start=40, could you please bump those thread an post a comment, that editor have been drastically evolved and I can't myself restore forum's login/password credentials, via password reset. Maybe guys from there can help with other editor issues, like UI fixing or bugs and other spell parameters? It would be appreciated

I'm currently making minor improvements and concentrated on UI extension with icons, though I have HUGE gap in absence of "Buildings parameters" which are currently not completely parsed and understood

I think it would be really cool if this tool were to reach "Finished" status, since it's already really powerful.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:40 am 
Site Admin

he can always make a new account, like '2nd coming of Volter"
and pick up the slacks

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:04 am 
Site Admin

I have almost all building parameters understood, but because there are some unknown I didn't post the results yet

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:28 pm 

rupuzioks wrote:
I have almost all building parameters understood, but because there are some unknown I didn't post the results yet

Hi guys, it's Hokan from new account
Hoped, that I could be possible to reset password and not duplicate users and e-mail boxes, but this doesn't matter exactly =)

rupuzioks, if you have binary mapping, that allows to get buildings resources and their names-id and perhaps, building HP, it will be enough to merge this data into editor quite quickly

By the way, if you have any screenshots with, at least 1024x768 screen resolution, depicted any creature's portrait, please, could you please send them me them via e-mail? Just to make editor more user-friendly and eye-catching
I have no game to get any screenshort, unfortunately

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

i think emails should be sent private,
i suggest you edit the post once rupuz got the email, or alternatively rupuz edit it away once he read it

Quote:
By the way, if you have any screenshots with, at least 1024x768 screen resolution, depicted any creature's portrait

i think only high resolution pics that exist is those sexy brads that cover the spellforce 1 serie,
but perhaps some other pic will do
https://www.google.com/search?q=spellfo ... 99&bih=465

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:48 pm 

Regarding file "24. building stats.txt" (using Insigar's editor):

0. Most of these seems to be correct based on my observations.

1. I don't think byte 04 (the "enter slot" byte) is the enter slot byte.

If you take the Firestarter building (building ID 71 in editor), it has byte 04 set to 01, same goes for hostile Firestarter (building ID 147), but if you look at the Great Firestarter (building ID 212), then you notice that byte 04 is set to 00.

White Hand (32)'s byte 04 is set to 01, but Hostile White Hand (151)'s byte 04 is set to 00.

Additionally, setting byte 04 to 00 doesn't seem to change anything regarding worker behaviour (tested on Crossbow Tower and Woodcutter's Hut).

2. Bytes 0A to 0E are identical in all building data which uses the same in-game 3D model, however these don't determine the building's appearance.

Swapping bytes 0A to 0E of Woodcutter's Hut and Quarry (Humans) makes it impossible to build Wooodcutter's Hut (as in, you can place the building, but workers can't start rising it).

Swapping these bytes of Crossbow Tower and Large Headquarters makes it impossible to build or even redirect workers to build Large Headquarters (instead, the move command is issued).

I believe these bytes have something to do with the places the workers take to build the building (or units to destroy it), but it's unclear to me what these bytes do exactly.

3. Byte 0B always takes one of these values: 254,255,0,1.

Byte 0D always takes one of these values: 253,254,255,0,1,2.

Byte 0E almost always takes value 01.

Byte 0E takes value 02 for the following buildings:
Ailantery (Elves), Medium Headquarters (Elves), Stonemason's Hut (Dwarves), Smelting works (Dwarves), Moonsilver Armory (Dwarves), Hunting Lodge (Trolls), Mace Carver (Trolls), Moonsilver Mine (Darkelves), Smelting Works (Darkelves), Mine (Darkelves), Mace Carver (Uroks), Hunting Lodge (Uroks), Mine (Dark Elves Neutral), Moonsilver Mine (Dark Elves Neutral), Moonsilver Armory (Dark Elves Neutral), Smelting Works (Dark Elves Neutral), Star Monastery (Humans), Fire Temple (Orcs)

Byte 0E takes value 03 only for mace carver (Orcs).

Byte 0E takes value 05 only for Pig Farm (Dwarves).

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:58 pm 

mordo wrote:
i think only high resolution pics that exist is those sexy brads that cover the spellforce 1 serie,
but perhaps some other pic will do

Almost all of them contains selected pic of Avatar's face dressed in his/her equipment, other pics are blurred or dingy, google won't help with this request
I'll dig in some pics from russian community, but certanly it doesn't contains all creatures portraits

thanks for editing my post, leaving e-mail open was not good solution, despite that it's also located on githab

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:59 pm 

Thanks for sharing data, didn't get how to interpret it at first glance :D

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:39 pm 
Site Admin

you are welcome, also nice to see some other modders actually progress in understanding more about gamedata

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Mods