Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Mods

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

leszekd25 wrote:
3. Byte 0B always takes one of these values: 254,255,0,1.

Byte 0D always takes one of these values: 253,254,255,0,1,2.

bytes 0A to 0B and bytes 0C to 0D are signed, not individual

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:49 am 

Okay, I found out more about the building data.

From "24. building stats.txt"

Bytes 0A-0D are the building offset coordinates (pair of signed short integers).

I will write some more about byte 0E further in this post.

Bytes 13-14 are the building's initial angle (in degrees). This seems to vary in-game because the game is probably trying to fit the building at silghtly modified angles until it finds one that works (that would explain lag and slowdown when trying to place a building in forest).

Byte 04 is not used. I believe it's from some scrapped system which would assign to the building whether the player is the building's owner or not. I'm basing this on observation that almost all buildings a player can build in the OoD campaign has this byte set to 1 and almost all buildings which can not be built by player (with the exceptionn of buildings that have identical appearance as some of the buildings a player can build, which can be explained as copy-pasting data) have this byte to 0, whereas all buindings introduced in BoW and SotP campaigns have this byte set to 0.

Bytes 15-17 are a mystery to me, as they seem to be unused. Maybe it's related to campaign/multiplayer stuff.

From "25. building stats 2.txt" (I already notified rupuzioks, but I thought I should make it public here)

I have deciphered all data from this file. It contains collision data of all buildings.

Repaired file: http://pastebin.com/UYw7GkPy (expires after one month)

Data format is the following:

30 00 04 01 04 87 FF 52 02 63 FF E3 01 7E 00 D5 01 68 00 46 02

Byte 01-02 - building ID
Byte 03 - data instance for given building (one buildig can be referred more than once in this file)
Byte 04 - unknown (all entries have byte 04 set to 1)
Byte 05 - number of points (N)
The remaining bytes are divided into groups of four. These four bytes correspond to two signed short integers. That is, coordinate X and Y of a shape vertex. Shape contains N points.

Each shape is assigned to one building. The number of shapes each building consists of is equal to the value of byte 0E I have mentioned earlier.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:03 am 

Hi guys, I've released alpha-4 (https://github.com/Hokan-Ashir/SFGameDa ... Editor/bin)

just copy and paste "what's new" from version history file:
- Separated weapons by item types (1H weapon > 1H mace, 1H dagger, 1H sword etc.)
- Extended merchant, spells, buildings images
- Updated spell parameters for Eternity, AbilitySalvo, DominateUndead, all Aura-like spells, FireburstTower, HealingTower, HypnotizeTower (thanks "leszekd25" for this data)
- Added auras target, requirement building widgets
- Completely rewritten spell scroll view to look more like spell parameters view; also fixed it - only "spell scroll" objects are now displayed, not confuse with "spell"-objects
- Added buildings parameters (HP, race, resources requirements, producing units)
- Added icons cache and icon aliases - as result reduced memory consumption
- Separated language information (localization) in separate code module and database, more CPU consumption, but _possibly_ lesser memory consumption and smoother rendering
- Added alphabetical sorting in races, unit races, creature names, unit names widgets
- Fixed incorrect subviews rendering when subview has no more children views, i.e. all Treewraith's buildings races changed to Trolls

One thing to mention:
I've been thinking that performance degradation caused by extensive usage of localization files, so I moved them into separate database (it's packed in jar, so, no difference in launching editor).
But now I'm getting much slower warm-up, especially till moment when all views, and heavy ones, like merchants will be opened.
This extraction all localization data into separate database gave RAM profit, but not very noticable.
Digging further I think I found real performacne degradation reason, but extensive IO from disk can't give me correct results.
Please post you personal feelings and preferably numbers of CPU/RAM consumption and at least your OS type and Java version you're using.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:03 pm 

Hi guys, it's me again and fresh alpha-5 has been released
Avaliable at https://github.com/Hokan-Ashir/SFGameDa ... Editor/bin

alpha-5 (07.03.2017):
- Added ability to change unit and building plans parameters
- Added ability to change workers and heroes runes as well as their characteristics, skills and spells
- Added ability to change actual spell-objects, that appear in user's spellbook
- Separated weapons by item types (1H weapon > 1H mace, 1H dagger, 1H sword etc.) in equipment widget; \
also added alphabetical sorting in item types and weapon types
- Reverted separation of language information from alpha-4, as result - faster start up
- Separated xdeltaencoder and editor in different maven modules, removed some unused images, as result - lesser size of result jar-file
- Fixed merchant names selection - now all in-game merchants are available
- Fixed weapons types, item, creature selection
- Rewritten spells view, as result - possible to track all spell requirements

Hope you'll enjoy possibility to change heroes and workers =)

by the way, does anybody dig through chest-loot parameters?

I'm running out of new data parsing information and soon will begin to add custom features like filtering, UI tuning, images updating, performance tuning and localization

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

chest/corpse loot stats

63 03 01 F1 09 64 00 00 00 00 00

63 03 - ID of chest/corpse
01 - slot number of chest/corpse
F1 09 - first possible item ID in this slot
64 - % chance to get first item
00 00 - second possible item ID in this slot
00 - % chance to get second item
00 00 - third possible item ID in this slot (% chance for third item is what left from previous 2 items)

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:37 pm 

Yeah, thanks, didn't think that unit corpse loot and chest loot have the same bytes-mapping

just to add, chest loot located in 03FA5C53 - 03FAB489

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:52 am 

Hokan-2 wrote:
Hi guys, it's me again and fresh alpha-5 has been released
Avaliable at https://github.com/Hokan-Ashir/SFGameDa ... Editor/bin

alpha-5 (07.03.2017):
- Added ability to change unit and building plans parameters
- Added ability to change workers and heroes runes as well as their characteristics, skills and spells
- Added ability to change actual spell-objects, that appear in user's spellbook
- Separated weapons by item types (1H weapon > 1H mace, 1H dagger, 1H sword etc.) in equipment widget; \
also added alphabetical sorting in item types and weapon types
- Reverted separation of language information from alpha-4, as result - faster start up
- Separated xdeltaencoder and editor in different maven modules, removed some unused images, as result - lesser size of result jar-file
- Fixed merchant names selection - now all in-game merchants are available
- Fixed weapons types, item, creature selection
- Rewritten spells view, as result - possible to track all spell requirements

Hope you'll enjoy possibility to change heroes and workers =)

by the way, does anybody dig through chest-loot parameters?

I'm running out of new data parsing information and soon will begin to add custom features like filtering, UI tuning, images updating, performance tuning and localization

Works great, but some places aren't in Alphabetical order so it's confusing sometimes. Thanks for this!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:22 pm 

Kumahero wrote:
Works great, but some places aren't in Alphabetical order so it's confusing sometimes. Thanks for this!

Could you please write in what views or comboBoxes objects aren't sorted alphabetically?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:42 am 

Hokan-2 wrote:
Kumahero wrote:

Could you please write in what views or comboBoxes objects aren't sorted alphabetically?

For example, when changing the unit [Summon Skeleton] creates, the units that appear in that drop-down thing aren't in alphabetical order and when changing a Unit's spell from, for example, [Healing] to another spell, the spells aren't in alphabetical order either.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:12 pm 

One more version is wishing to be tested

https://github.com/Hokan-Ashir/SFGameDa ... Editor/bin
alpha-7 (12.03.2017):
- Added chest corpse loot objects
- Added some creatures's images and almost all siege and massive unit's images
- Added hero's images for almost all The Order of Dawn runes
- Added all 7 possible skills parsing and 4 possible spells parsing for hero runes
- Fixed equipment widget - extended panel, ability to show all types of runes and plans, disabling "go to parameters" button if object has no parameters
- Added worker runes/heroes runes race widget
- Fixed behavior of spell parameters view - added ability to change any school requirement and actually viewing changes in process

I guess this will be the last version for a very long time, cause I'm burned out and lost any motivation in extensing editor. It has almost all data parsed, except for unknown or very rarely using parameters. The only thing left is - search, filtering and cosmetics, like pictures and UI tuning.

So, if you'll find any issues, please let me know, preferably via e-mail (it's public, at github page), I'm checking it every day, so your messages won't be lost
Good luck =)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Mods