Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Mods

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

you need original gamedata.cff file for them to work, I just tested with modded gamedata and item editor gave an error

as for the map editor installer you need original *.pak files (not extracted) and maybe gamedata to work

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:27 pm 

rupuzioks wrote:
you need original gamedata.cff file for them to work, I just tested with modded gamedata and item editor gave an error

as for the map editor installer you need original *.pak files (not extracted) and maybe gamedata to work

My game is totally unpacked and I play it unpacked , no problems running Editor 1.35 , 1.36 , 1.38 (even on 64bit windows !!! - no freaking "hook process found" error like on 152) and there is no difference between them and 1.52 editor (since even you told that 1.36 version has all content from the both expansions) , I just made an extract of the editor's installer right into the game folder.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:19 pm 

rupuzioks wrote:
, I have copied my original GameData.cff (I once backupped from the v1.52 non-steam version), but the item editor (SFEdit20 / v2.0) still doen't work. (I have windows 10 64 bit)

@Dieter, I managed to extract the installer through Universal Extractor, tnx. However when I try to start the editor (SpellforceEditor.exe), nothing happens (also nothing in the task manager). Even when trying to run it in compatibility moduses such as winxp or vista and as administrator.

Quote:
My game is totally unpacked and I play it unpacked , no problems running Editor 1.35 , 1.36 , 1.38 (even on 64bit windows !!! - no freaking "hook process found" error like on 152) and there is no difference between them and 1.52 editor (since even you told that 1.36 version has all content from the both expansions) , I just made an extract of the editor's installer right into the game folder.
, do you have a link to the 1.38 version of the item editor/SFEdit? I have v2.0, maybe v2.0 is broken on 64 bit windows?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

can you upload older editor then? I'll check if I can open it, since 1.52 version doesn't even start, no errors, only a second appears in task manager

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:07 am 

rupuzioks wrote:
can you upload older editor then? I'll check if I can open it, since 1.52 version doesn't even start, no errors, only a second appears in task manager

Sure ! here it is (unpacked using the tool I sent to you) tested on Win7 x64 (no service pack)
Instructions to make a standalone Editor (which will be 100% compatible with the versions
from 130 to 154 ) Lower game versions (before 130) may NOT recognise some maps saved with this editor (missing items/units, etc, blank areas on the maps)

1- You need to extract all pak files (from whatever version of the game you have) and copy all game files (main game exe is NOT needed, folder "sound" also not needed) But you have to keep the folder tree (texture, mesh , skinning etc) The most convenient tool - Dragon Unpacker

2 - Place all files/folders from my attached ZIP to the folder where you have pak files extracted, when prompted overwrite - answer "YES" to all !!!

3- launch , have fun , don't forget to share your maps.
P.S.

It DOESN'T matter which gamedata file you have ! Just make sure it has to be at least 1.30 version.
I would suggest using gamedata 1.38 (attached) for creating freegame maps ( loading fast , has all content , I'm using it for several years, not a single problem) 136 and 152 gamedata also work fine with this version of Editor.

EDIT : No editor works on core i3/5/7 CPU - it's a well known problem , especially on Polish forums,
solution - use G3470 or the such , even 775 socket will do.

Last edited by Dieter on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:25 pm 
Site Admin

now I know the problem: i7 core CPU :)
thanks, anyway

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:14 pm 

rupuzioks wrote:
now I know the problem: i7 core CPU :)
thanks, anyway

Not only Core i7 , if you want to use 152 Editor , you have to be on a 32bit platform , also.
If you try to launch 152 Editor on a x64 platform , you'll get the famous "hook process found".
Editors 135, 136 , 138 work on 64bit systems and can use any CPU , except those I mentioned.
Besides, they have much better visual quality . When I was on i7 , I used my laptop for the editor.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:18 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not getting any error at all, earlier on my old 32 bit PC I would get that error, but after some more times trying to load it would open normally

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:55 pm 

rupuzioks wrote:
I'm not getting any error at all, earlier on my old 32 bit PC I would get that error, but after some more times trying to load it would open normally

I see . So , have you tried this editor ? Some say not all icore processors have the same reaction to the editor.

P.S. running in compatibility/admin. mode is useless

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

it's the same: no errors, but doesn't start and event viewer show application error ID 1000, Exception code: 0xc0000005

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Mods