Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Mods

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:40 pm 

rupuzioks wrote:
it's the same: no errors, but doesn't start and event viewer show application error ID 1000, Exception code: 0xc0000005

I'm very sorry , this error means a conflict with CPU , not the system

Last edited by Dieter on Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

I'll borrow then my parents old pc to do the editing on the maps :)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:39 pm 

Dieter wrote:
1- You need to extract all pak files (from whatever version of the game you have) and copy all game files (main game exe is NOT needed, folder "sound" also not needed) But you have to keep the folder tree (texture, mesh , skinning etc) The most convenient tool - Dragon Unpacker

2 - Place all files/folders from my attached ZIP to the folder where you have pak files extracted, when prompted overwrite - answer "YES" to all !!!

3- launch , have fun , don't forget to share your maps.
P.S.

It DOESN'T matter which gamedata file you have ! Just make sure it has to be at least 1.30 version.
I would suggest using gamedata 1.38 (attached) for creating freegame maps ( loading fast , has all content , I'm using it for several years, not a single problem) 136 and 152 gamedata also work fine with this version of Editor.

EDIT : No editor works on core i3/5/7 CPU - it's a well known problem , especially on Polish forums,
solution - use G3470 or the such , even 775 socket will do.
, after I unpacked the .pak files, where do I need to put the Spellforce files? I currently get this error: "[INFO][UTL]: Error reading the config file config.lua. Default values used. "
I do have a I7 processor on this laptop, so maybe that is the problem? I would prefer modding on my laptop but if that is not possible cause of the I7 I will try it on my desktop pc.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

you need to copy them where you extracted *.pak files

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:30 am 

reknak wrote:
Dieter wrote:
1- You need to extract all pak files (from whatever version of the game you have) and copy all game files (main game exe is NOT needed, folder "sound" also not needed) But you have to keep the folder tree (texture, mesh , skinning etc) The most convenient tool - Dragon Unpacker

2 - Place all files/folders from my attached ZIP to the folder where you have pak files extracted, when prompted overwrite - answer "YES" to all !!!

3- launch , have fun , don't forget to share your maps.
P.S.

It DOESN'T matter which gamedata file you have ! Just make sure it has to be at least 1.30 version.
I would suggest using gamedata 1.38 (attached) for creating freegame maps ( loading fast , has all content , I'm using it for several years, not a single problem) 136 and 152 gamedata also work fine with this version of Editor.

EDIT : No editor works on core i3/5/7 CPU - it's a well known problem , especially on Polish forums,
solution - use G3470 or the such , even 775 socket will do.
, after I unpacked the .pak files, where do I need to put the Spellforce files? I currently get this error: "[INFO][UTL]: Error reading the config file config.lua. rupuzioks. "
I do have a I7 processor on this laptop, so maybe that is the problem? I would prefer modding on my laptop but if that is not possible cause of the I7 I will try it on my desktop pc.

Please read my instructions topic No 1 / (extract from * rar , copy all files from my attached editor to the folder where you have the extracted files from your game *pak files , overwriting if asked) ,it works, tested a gazillion times , keep in mind - any version of editor isn't meant for the core i3/5/7 , sorry. Anyway , this Editor 138 (my compilation) works great on x64 systems ( Editor version 152 - doesn't )

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:16 pm 

Now I am on my desktop which has no I3/5/7, but I dont get it, Dragon UnPacker only seem to export (right click 'extract to') folder directories?? (without the files) Is there a way to just extract all .pak files? I am sorry to take so much of your time, I am just really frustrated now cause of the f****** Steam version. Sry had to rant; just want to mod the game not have a battle with the editors :|

-edit, found a way to it manually, quess I will try that than
-edit,edit, manually its just to much work, how did you extract the .pak files?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

open each *.pak file in dragon unpacker and choose "extract sub-categories", not "extract sub-categories to *.pak folder"

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:28 pm 

That only creates the folder and sub-folders for me, it doesn't extract the files.
(Vista 32 bit)

- Edit: it appears the newest version of Dragon Unpacker doesn't work well, their latest stable version howeever does work :) (which I now use).

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:30 pm 

Yay finally got the editor working :) tnx Dieter & Repuz
Now I only wonder how to open some of the campaign maps? I can now open about half of them tnx to Mordo's modded campaign maps.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

here is instructions how to open all official maps:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=42

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Mods