Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Mods

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:37 am 

reknak wrote:
Yay finally got the editor working :) tnx Dieter & Repuz
Now I only wonder how to open some of the campaign maps? I can now open about half of them tnx to Mordo's modded campaign maps.

We are glad to help Spellforce fans ! If you're planning to create maps mostly for the freegame mode - it's advisable to replace your gamedata in the standalone editor with the one I attached with my Editor (138). When you will edit Phenomic maps (original) Gamedata 152 may have some limitations for adding/removing objects/units or not allowing to save some changes. And don't worry - the saved maps will be fully compatible with all game versions 135/136/138/150/152/154 ,

not sure about version 130 (din't have the honour to test) :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:37 am 

Dieter wrote:
reknak wrote:
Now I only wonder how to open some of the campaign maps? I can now open about half of them tnx to Mordo's modded campaign maps.

We are glad to help Spellforce fans ! If you're planning to create maps mostly for the freegame mode - it's advisable to replace your gamedata in the standalone editor with the one I attached with my Editor (138). When you will edit Phenomic maps (original) Gamedata 152 may have some limitations for adding/removing objects/units or not allowing to save some changes. And don't worry - the saved maps will be fully compatible with all game versions 135/136/138/150/152/154 ,

, oh that it is the reason you have added an older version (I was wondering about that one).
I have done some freegame mapping in the past, namely my Elddim map (very loosly inspired by Dungeon Siege 1 :) http://forum.spellforce.com/showthread.php?t=70320) , but eventually came to the conclusion that I just liked the campaigns more cause of objectives and overal more things to do. Anyway, time to see if I still have got my dirty mapping skills :)

@Repuz, tnx <3

Oh and I take it that there is no way to bypass the intro cinematic of a campaign? (as in the lame arguments of Lea vs Grimm :? )

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:46 am 
Site Admin

you need to modify the lua files for that

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:19 pm 

tnx, one more thing; how to get the item editor working? I copied the exact same gamedata file I modded a few years ago with it to my current Spellforce data folder and the item editor refuses to run saying "Access violation at address 004865A9 in module 'SFItemEdit2.exe'. Read of address 10000002."

Could this be cause it is a steam version?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:44 pm 

reknak wrote:
Dieter wrote:
reknak wrote:

, oh that it is the reason you have added an older version (I was wondering about that one).
I have done some freegame mapping in the past, namely my Elddim map (very loosly inspired by Dungeon Siege 1 :) http://forum.spellforce.com/showthread.php?t=70320) , but eventually came to the conclusion that I just liked the campaigns more cause of objectives and overal more things to do. Anyway, time to see if I still have got my dirty mapping skills :)

@Repuz, tnx <3

Oh and I take it that there is no way to bypass the intro cinematic of a campaign? (as in the lame arguments of Lea vs Grimm :? )

If you're planning to edit the maps from the first two campaigns (to use them in campaign or free mode ) - data 138 is also the best choice ! For the maps which you're planning to use for the Phoenix campaign you can have data 152 , or I'll upload data 150 (for the 3rd campaign) , it's much better for the same reason - less limitations for removing/editing in the Editor etc)

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:51 pm 

reknak wrote:
tnx, one more thing; how to get the item editor working? I copied the exact same gamedata file I modded a few years ago with it to my current Spellforce data folder and the item editor refuses to run saying "Access violation at address 004865A9 in module 'SFItemEdit2.exe'. Read of address 10000002."

I'm afraid here I can't help , I never used the item editor because my game is incompatible with it.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:59 pm 
Site Admin

0x10000002=It appears that Spellforce is not installed.

error code copied from editor manual

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

Dieter wrote:
reknak wrote:

I'm afraid here I can't help , I never used the item editor because my game is incompatible with it.

you can modify SFITEMDB.dat file for your version
open with notepad++ or similar program and follow instructions in the file to edit for different version or add more items to modify

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:56 pm 

rupuzioks wrote:
0x10000002=It appears that Spellforce is not installed.

error code copied from editor manual
, ty for the info. So that would mean Steam installs Spellforce differently in the registry or something like that. I will try if I can find a key somewhere for my original non-steam Spellforce Platinium edition to install that one and use it purely for the GameData modding.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:27 pm 

Hello everyone !
Some time ago I noticed that I can use two auras at the same time (aura of light and any other aura),
but that is only possible with gamedata 1.35 , as soon as I switch to any other gamedata (higher than 1.35) , auras become locked to only one at a time , who knows how to make it available to any other versions ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Mods