Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Mods

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:59 pm 

Howdy,

Kindy amazed (in a positve way) you guys still mod this game, and that you come this far lol :mrgreen: (there must have been some suprising faces of dev(s) who worked on Spellforce 1 and see these mods now).

Anyway, I was wondering if it possible to heavily chance the campaigns for SF1. I tried doing it before but stopped cause of being afraid of breaking quests and important loot. Is it possible changing the campaigns without breaking the quests? Is this easy to prevent (e.g. by leaving a few places untouched?).

If this is not possible, is it than possible to add exp rewards in mutliplayer maps by e.g. killing a boss or such? (as in enough xp to prevent the need to grind but also not instantly 1-2 lvls levelup.)

Finally 1 (okay 2) more questions :oops: : I poked around on the forum a bit and saw some fun looking mods, are these mods balanced to? And do these mods lift the curse from the Curse school? (/do they improve the Curse school? , cause that school was quite bad but I liked the idea of it)

Thanks for taking the time.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:44 am 

reknak wrote:
Howdy,

Kindy amazed (in a positve way) you guys still mod this game, and that you come this far lol :mrgreen: (there must have been some suprising faces of dev(s) who worked on Spellforce 1 and see these mods now).

Anyway, I was wondering if it possible to heavily chance the campaigns for SF1. I tried doing it before but stopped cause of being afraid of breaking quests and important loot. Is it possible changing the campaigns without breaking the quests? Is this easy to prevent (e.g. by leaving a few places untouched?).

If this is not possible, is it than possible to add exp rewards in mutliplayer maps by e.g. killing a boss or such? (as in enough xp to prevent the need to grind but also not instantly 1-2 lvls levelup.)

Finally 1 (okay 2) more questions :oops: : I poked around on the forum a bit and saw some fun looking mods, are these mods balanced to? And do these mods lift the curse from the Curse school? (/do they improve the Curse school? , cause that school was quite bad but I liked the idea of it)

Thanks for taking the time.

Hello,

Yes , it is possible , first you need to convert script files from "lua" language , then edit them manually using an ordinary text editor program. There is a folder called "script" inside the pak files (use dragon unpacker to open them). Then you'll see (inside that folder) subfolders "p101", "p63" etc - this is were you have to rework the campaigns for your liking . Each folder is a script for a certain map / example - p63 = Greyfell , p101 = Mirraw_Thur

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:32 am 
Site Admin

1. I think it's possible, but that may be a lot of work to do. I think I can even add quests without changing existing ones, but as I said it's very big job to do, checking double checking, testing, etc.

2. in multiplayer you can modify coopspawngroups lua file, so, for example, after certain time will spawn boss unit and he will be changed to give more exp

3. some of them are balanced, not all, you need to be more specific which ones.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:55 am 

ty for replying

Dieter wrote:
Hello,

Yes , it is possible , first you need to convert script files from "lua" language , then edit them manually using an ordinary text editor program. There is a folder called "script" inside the pak files (use dragon unpacker to open them). Then you'll see (inside that folder) subfolders "p101", "p63" etc - this is were you have to rework the campaigns for your liking . Each folder is a script for a certain map / example - p63 = Greyfell , p101 = Mirraw_Thur

Quote:
1. I think it's possible, but that may be a lot of work to do. I think I can even add quests without changing existing ones, but as I said it's very big job to do, checking double checking, testing, etc.
, I was hoping to find a way without to much scripting. What if I just change the existing campaigns maps in the map editor; is there an easy way to recognize quest regions (e.g. are they shown as regions in the editor?)? (I have played Spellforce quite a bit so I know some of them but not all :ugeek: )

Quote:
3. some of them are balanced, not all, you need to be more specific which ones.
, I was mainly thinking of the newest versions of your mod and the Witchcraft mod (I think that was its name).

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:07 pm 
Site Admin

there is a link between maps and scripts in the gamedata file, I just need to figure out what needs to be changed in order to work

those mods are quite balanced

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:44 am 

I think I will just mess around already in the editor than. Probably the most annoying thing would be not breaking npc path's, but only one way to find out. :D

Do coop spawn points work in the campaign?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:08 pm 

reknak wrote:
I think I will just mess around already in the editor than. Probably the most annoying thing would be not breaking npc path's, but only one way to find out. :D

Do coop spawn points work in the campaign?

I'm very sorry , they are only for the freegame mode . Each campaign map has it's own (scripted) spawn points .

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

yes, campaign spawn points are scripted in lua files, then again coop spawn camps also are in lua :)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:53 pm 

Seeing as I lost my original key, I bought SF platinium again on steam (version 1.54...). But I am having difficulties installing the map editor. The only working links was from Mordo on this forum, but the installer doesn't seem to work cause it doesn't seem to recognize 1.54 has a version after 1.52a :( . Anyone know how this can be solved?

Also I got an error with the item editor with the steam version even while running it as admin, maybe I have the wrong version (2.0 beta) of the item editor?

Appreciate the effort guys

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:33 am 

reknak wrote:
Seeing as I lost my original key, I bought SF platinium again on steam (version 1.54...). But I am having difficulties installing the map editor. The only working links was from Mordo on this forum, but the installer doesn't seem to work cause it doesn't seem to recognize 1.54 has a version after 1.52a :( . Anyone know how this can be solved?

Also I got an error with the item editor with the steam version even while running it as admin, maybe I have the wrong version (2.0 beta) of the item editor?

Appreciate the effort guys

Hello , you can use unpacked editor (just place it to the game folder) . There are tons of archivers which could easily extract the content from the installer . Try Universal extractor

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Mods