Changing unit UI and Textures

Insigar

Changing unit UI and Textures

Post by Insigar » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:15 am

So I think I might have found something interesting. As we all know the meshes can't be changed, but I still took a look if there's atleast a tiny tiny bit of something to work with. And in the ui_btn files there was one thing readable: "ui_btn_unit21". I searched for something with that name and found .dds files in the texture folder, which of course CAN be changed. The icons themselves are mapped to a specific position inside the dds but technically you could change the texture at said position and it should look like that ingame. I'll test this tomorrow to be a hundred percent sure but I already wanted to share this :)

Edit: Well, I couldn't wait and found EVERYTHING :D Landscape, buildings, armor... just everything.

Silver Dawn Armor :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

rupuzioks
Site Admin

Re: Changing unit UI and Textures

Post by rupuzioks » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:38 am

well, I'm using this method for my new modpack as well :)
Tempus et vita, tempus et mortis

Insigar

Post by Insigar » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:48 pm

I should've taken a closer look at your modpack :D Maybe some other people can find it easier now so this thread isn't completely useless :D

Kamina

Post by Kamina » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:28 am

For those who want to know how:

You can unpack the pak files with the DragonUnpacker, drag the textures (DDS-Files) out and modify them and place them in the Spellforce folder.

I changed the texture of the black magic robe in some blue robe like the red one