Spencer and Hill Coop Campaign Rework Mod

blood998

Re: Spencer and Hill Coop Campaign Rework Mod

Post by blood998 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:37 pm

awesome :)

my freeplay avatar(HC warrior atm) is currently lvl 12 and i'm playing mainly light races.

Thank you for your work, i'll keep you updated on how my playtrough is going.

blood998

Post by blood998 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:48 pm

damn, i just realised you only released the dark races versions :(
oh well, dark races it is !

Thor_Hammerschlag

Post by Thor_Hammerschlag » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:53 pm

blood998 wrote:damn, i just realised you only released the dark races versions :(
oh well, dark races it is !
Yes :)

Light is under work, but it will probably take some time until we reworked and balanced all maps out properly. Probably some maps are currently not doable with light races because they are simply too weak.

blood998

Post by blood998 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:15 am

Honestly, on the 3 maps i played yesterday, i didn't feel pressured at any point. (The leafshade map and the 2 before, pure HC avatar lvl 12-14 during thoses).
The enemy units and base variety was really refreshing, but i didn't see a significant increase in difficulty.
On the 2 first maps, i just built my base and armies while wandering from enemy camp to camp with à 10 man raiding party ( avatar/heroes/a few assassins). Well the "raiding party" basically cleared the whole map... On the leafshade map, i used the same strat but my attacking force (20 ish units including avatar and heroes) wiped on the lvl 17 drakelings camp. I had to wait to have a real force of 40-50 good units to go and clear it. I liked being stopped :)
I wasn't really sure your custom spawning scripts were working. I didn't see exeptionnaly any big wave coming to my base, or big defending army in an enemy camp. But maybe it's because i'm playing too low level maps that gets cleared too fast.
If i had one remark, it would be that the enemy let you build up safely for much too long before sending threats at you. That means you have plenty of time to do what you want with your avatar wich means you can clear up half the map and build a real army before they send real squads at you. If they started sending squads earlier, you would have to def with your avatar wich would translate in more spawning camps staying up for the army fight. (but i know it's more a base spellforce problem, not really related to your awesome work).

On the light races/dark races disparities :
I'm not sure what you mean by saying the light races are weaker. Overall, i feel more comfortable with them. I usually start with the elves. Theyve crappy stats true, but they can make a small force really quick and spam towers to defend your base while you raid the map/develop the dwarves (the real killers in the light army). Their economy is also the easiest and they can produce infinite wood.
Concerning the 'late game armies', I especially like the fact that light races have acces to healing units. A few druids and healers/priests usually ensure your elite dwarves lives long enough to get a few stars over their heads and become killing machines. On the ranged department, i usually go for a few icemages and some windarchers.
Don't get me wrong, i don't think light races are stricly better than dark races, but i feel like there are more synergies to be exploited in their units. Whereas with the dark races seems "stronger" individually but much MUCH slower to get going (for the trolls at least). Dark elves are really strong if you have acces to tons of aria.
The orcs, i rarelly use... Maybe that's why i don't feel the "synergy effect" of the dark races. A few orc drummers paired with troll champions should pack a real punch. But then again, by the time you get a decent sized troll army, the map would be cleared with dark elves or light races...
Imho, the dark races should be considered superior only if you can use a single race.

Ok, enough of my 2 cents opinion for today, going back to the game :D

mordo
Site Admin

Post by mordo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:10 pm

trolls need a crapton of maces to produce units with any measure of efficiency
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen

Thor_Hammerschlag

Post by Thor_Hammerschlag » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:21 pm

blood998 wrote:Honestly, on the 3 maps i played yesterday, i didn't feel pressured at any point. (The leafshade map and the 2 before, pure HC avatar lvl 12-14 during thoses).
The enemy units and base variety was really refreshing, but i didn't see a significant increase in difficulty.
On the 2 first maps, i just built my base and armies while wandering from enemy camp to camp with à 10 man raiding party ( avatar/heroes/a few assassins). Well the "raiding party" basically cleared the whole map... On the leafshade map, i used the same strat but my attacking force (20 ish units including avatar and heroes) wiped on the lvl 17 drakelings camp. I had to wait to have a real force of 40-50 good units to go and clear it. I liked being stopped :)
I wasn't really sure your custom spawning scripts were working. I didn't see exeptionnaly any big wave coming to my base, or big defending army in an enemy camp. But maybe it's because i'm playing too low level maps that gets cleared too fast.
If i had one remark, it would be that the enemy let you build up safely for much too long before sending threats at you. That means you have plenty of time to do what you want with your avatar wich means you can clear up half the map and build a real army before they send real squads at you. If they started sending squads earlier, you would have to def with your avatar wich would translate in more spawning camps staying up for the army fight. (but i know it's more a base spellforce problem, not really related to your awesome work).

On the light races/dark races disparities :
I'm not sure what you mean by saying the light races are weaker. Overall, i feel more comfortable with them. I usually start with the elves. Theyve crappy stats true, but they can make a small force really quick and spam towers to defend your base while you raid the map/develop the dwarves (the real killers in the light army). Their economy is also the easiest and they can produce infinite wood.
Concerning the 'late game armies', I especially like the fact that light races have acces to healing units. A few druids and healers/priests usually ensure your elite dwarves lives long enough to get a few stars over their heads and become killing machines. On the ranged department, i usually go for a few icemages and some windarchers.
Don't get me wrong, i don't think light races are stricly better than dark races, but i feel like there are more synergies to be exploited in their units. Whereas with the dark races seems "stronger" individually but much MUCH slower to get going (for the trolls at least). Dark elves are really strong if you have acces to tons of aria.
The orcs, i rarelly use... Maybe that's why i don't feel the "synergy effect" of the dark races. A few orc drummers paired with troll champions should pack a real punch. But then again, by the time you get a decent sized troll army, the map would be cleared with dark elves or light races...
Imho, the dark races should be considered superior only if you can use a single race.

Ok, enough of my 2 cents opinion for today, going back to the game :D

Hello there,

intentionally we decided, that the lower maps shouldn't be too hard even in our mod. Did you recognize the return of Fyrmir in its dragon camp? :) One more Dragon might make its Boss-return soon! For us, Drakelings should always be Strong. And this is what we did - mostly they are real threats.

During the maps you are playing currently we were still learning about the alternative spawn scripts and how to make them work. It will take some maps until stationary boss bases appear. Defensive bases (Mass-bases) will also come soon for you. Kaiju spawns are only at lvl 41 and 45 if i recall correctly. The lower maps also get Boss bases in the current rework we do for dark and light maps. But some content is especially saved for the higher maps in order to let the players discover new content even after lvl 30...

It generally is a problem that many spawns come rather late in Spellforce 1. To enjoy the full load of enemies one has to build up a base first, then a defense and after that an army to wipe out the enemy.

On the race balance: We made the experience that dark races are stronger (in PvE) as long as you have enough resources for them. Furthermore, if you add an hero with healing ability to them they become even stronger (because you eliminate the dark races major disadvantage). Enough maces also eliminate the trolls main weakness of slowness.

sylmaranth

Post by sylmaranth » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:49 pm

Hello^^

Seems to be interesting, will try. Would prefer light anyways but time will bring it, I suppose :D (I like the combination of human + elves) Anyways I like dark elves too, whilst almost always ignoring trolls or orcs and especially - while I am at it - the dwarfes that may be tanky, but besides that absolutely not my thing ^^)

Keep going, there are still people playing. Even if they do so alone - like me.

EDIT 18.11.:

Sooooooooo... well. I played until Coop 16. Everything went fine - gathered ressources, started producing elite troops which goes really slow because I only had 1 aria pond - decided to go pee.
Coming back, I am completely wiped out by a 50 "Guardian of the Shadow King".

Dudes, honestly. Kaiju okay and stuff, but thats too much :/ I guess if I have to rush things, this isn't for me, especially since I prefer playing defensive, building up, grinding a bit while doing so and ending it with as much power as I could gather in that time. Or in other cases "until enemies spawn less units" aka sitting it out.

Also that lvl50 dude seems to have crashed my game afterwards, I also received a crash on the map before (wildland pass) - maybe because of "too much enemies" (eh, there is no such thing!) or maybe the giants did it, I don't know.

Thor_Hammerschlag

Post by Thor_Hammerschlag » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:20 am

sylmaranth wrote:Hello^^

Seems to be interesting, will try. Would prefer light anyways but time will bring it, I suppose :D (I like the combination of human + elves) Anyways I like dark elves too, whilst almost always ignoring trolls or orcs and especially - while I am at it - the dwarfes that may be tanky, but besides that absolutely not my thing ^^)

Keep going, there are still people playing. Even if they do so alone - like me.

EDIT 18.11.:

Sooooooooo... well. I played until Coop 16. Everything went fine - gathered ressources, started producing elite troops which goes really slow because I only had 1 aria pond - decided to go pee.
Coming back, I am completely wiped out by a 50 "Guardian of the Shadow King".

Dudes, honestly. Kaiju okay and stuff, but thats too much :/ I guess if I have to rush things, this isn't for me, especially since I prefer playing defensive, building up, grinding a bit while doing so and ending it with as much power as I could gather in that time. Or in other cases "until enemies spawn less units" aka sitting it out.

Also that lvl50 dude seems to have crashed my game afterwards, I also received a crash on the map before (wildland pass) - maybe because of "too much enemies" (eh, there is no such thing!) or maybe the giants did it, I don't know.
Coop 16, there you really hit the nail. That was one hell of a hard map for us too. You need to advance up to the castle on the hill, build the defense before or after that castle. Coop 16 is a special case, this is one of the maps which might get easier with the rework it is going to receive with the light-races update.

We played all maps in exactly that gamestyle as you like to play it. We prefer that way as well :). Which lvl 50 dude? Could you please explain more in detail? If you encounterd a lvl 50 unit on coop 16 this was probably a bug.

We did not receive crashes because of too many units so far. And there are maps with much more units.

Regards

sylmaranth

Post by sylmaranth » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:55 pm

Well defense is almost never a problem (alwaysp lay dark elves, cuz I cannot handle the rest), 5 necromancers, 10 witchers(? The english name doesnt cross my mind xD) and 3 to 5 deathknights per entrance + hypno towers mostly do the job very well.

To make it clear: I meanthe greydusk vale map,I cannot provide more details on the mob besides it was a 50reaper which dealt1300 to 3000 damage. Will try again and if it happens again, I,ll make a screen ^^

edit: I found the source of that ubermob because I vaguely remebered the name from somewhere and its kinda sad I have to skip this map then.
Quote from modded gamedata / Rupuzioks:
changes:

1. new enemies :

Zarach, Ereon, Elen, Aonir, Hirin, Niethalf, Nor, Zerbo, Shanna, Tiara (10 Gods) (instead of 1017 Somp, 1015 Whip, 1014 Purg, 1019 Rurr, 1016 Shatterhand, 1018 Bugwou, 1020 Furgur, 1055 A manifestation, 1070 Tiram Thar, 766 Seturo)
The Shadow King (renamed 2560 Ring guardian enemy 48 shadow; now lvl 50, much stronger and drops ring of the shadow king)
bone avenger (now can be killed) (skeleton)
Guardian of the Shadow King lvl 50 (reaper)
This means on whatever maps they did that, there will be one of the mobs listed above but I really don't know how you could put such a monster on a low level map. What I could imagine is, that your script summons it, but before the modded gamedata it was a weaker mob. So either deinstalling the modded gamedata or skip the map, but I guess it's not that crucial to skip a low map, I can buy the plans and runes on the next one. I wonder on which other maps that strong enemies occur, but I will tell here, maybe you can also bring a "modded campaign/gamedata" version out if its not too hard to do ^^ It really wouldn't be a problem if it was a stationary mob, I could just come back later and show him some love, but since its a savage and comes directly at me, hunting me down... :D

Now that I see the gods as enemies on whatever map this is, maybe for your "boss locations" you could put the circle mages with their unique area? I really wished I could do maps by myself, I got so many ideas ("pictures of maps in my head") to make some additions to the free game :/

Edit 2: Map 18 - "friendly" enemy at the portal, does over 4k dmg per hit - need to get rid of that modded gamedata... unfortunately. Seems to me like some trollish feature, really.

Edit 3: Removed the gamedata and placed the original one back. Spawnpoints changed and it seems that the gamedata really overrides your changes. Better don't try to create some compatibility, I think that would be too much work. How do you handle the lvl 16 icebears tho? They do too much damage in my opinion, whilst the rest is "acceptable", but if a group of 5 bears come ... Hm. They seem to be resistant to most magic (hypno towers, orc firemages and totems) :D

I'll try a looong walk to their base with my mind magician and just let them wipe them out by themselves, seems to be the easiest solution and while I am at it, I will eradicate the wolves too, then I only have 2 entrances left and 4 less spawnpoints that give me exp ^^*

rupuzioks
Site Admin

Post by rupuzioks » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:50 pm

well, that was funny. That lvl 50 Guardian of the Shadow King is only possible to kill with the modded equipment:
6. Nandini the cobbler in Empyria now sells some very powerful HC 20 stuff, (instead of the useless junk) a 2H blade & armor
Tempus et vita, tempus et mortis