Change item requeriments

Mundane

Change item requeriments

Post by Mundane » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:40 pm

Hello all, new here, followed mordo from the spellforce forum and I've been using the modded maps found here for some time now.

Awesome work you guys did in them, thank you. :mrgreen:

But now I found a few new mods for SP1 (my favorite game, been playing it for years now :D), and I lost my essential weapon for my mage heroes, the slingshot that was added into your maps/gamedata.

I wonder if there is a tutorial that teach me how to modify a common bow/crossbow to remove/change the requirements so that I can arm my mages with a long distance weapon again while playing with those mods instaled?

I don't even care if the damage/effects remain unchanged... although would be great to learn how to modify those too. ;)

I don't know If I posted in the correct section, if not, please move to the right one. Also, I've been browsing the forum trying to find info about my question with no success, if there is any, can someone link me to it?

Thanks in advance. :)

btw, anyone knows what is happening with the Spellforce forum?

mordo
Site Admin

Re: Change item requeriments

Post by mordo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:38 pm

hello, if you can not buy slingshot from my merchants,
its because you use another gamedata file.
that is ok, you can temporarily swap back to our main mod gamedata,
stock up with, lets say 3 slingshots, save game, exit, swap to the new gamedata,
and load the save.
now voila, you still got the slingshots but another gamedata,
cause the slingshot was always implemented in base gamedata, just never given to the player.
only difference is in weapons box it no longer look like a feather, it look like a green strip and says 'null', but works same as before.

beats me about the forum too, guessing its under attack,
if it ever get back online, check out a$$ys guide, an indonesian brad name alexia something
has an excellent guide how to hack items with a$$ys method of 102 firespell,
just that now i cant recall what number the slingshot had
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen

Mundane

Post by Mundane » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:57 pm

Thank you mordo. :)
That worked... but since the merchant is on Greyfell, I had to start another play and then replace your gamedata with the one from the mod. No big deal. I was just starting anyway... :lol:

And like you said, blank icons and null as the name. I wonder if there is a way to fix that with the sql_item.lua file...
This mod I instaled uses that (and a lot other) files that I can edit IF I knew where to begin, that is. :o

Guess that when I start BoW, I wil have to follow your advice again. ;)

btw, since this mod don't touch any maps, I'm still using the ones you guys made. They seem to work well... just missing the stuff added with the gamedata.

Still, in time, I would like to learn more about modding SF1. So far my experience with it was a failed attempt to translate it into my language so I can show the game to my nephew. :oops:

rupuzioks
Site Admin

Post by rupuzioks » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:47 am

for the name and item's icon, you need to add them in gamedata.cff file
Tempus et vita, tempus et mortis

rupuzioks
Site Admin

Post by rupuzioks » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:57 am

and here is the info from the official forum (I managed to get it from google copy):
How To Hack Items....finally!!
First credits to musashi, for finding these spell codes, and for finding how to modify these values to start with, also credits to the guys over at gamefaq's who figured out how to get artmoney to recognize the spellforce process.

Anyways, on with the guide.

I figured out how to get any item you want in spellforce today using artmoney, so i thought id share my findings with everyone so they can try too. I dono if anyone else has figured this out or done a guide yet but i havent seen it so i figured id write one just in case.

I figured it out using musashi's spell hack so here goes ill try and explain as easily as possible:

First, i recommend to backup your savegames, they are in your my documents folder in another folder called spellforce. Just copy this folder and put it somewhere safe, liek on your desktop incase something goes wrong and you can restore your files.

You need 2 programs:

Artmoney & procexp.

Download armoney here:

http://www.artmoney.ru, get the free version it works fine

Download procexp here:

http://www.sysinternals.com, it is a free program too.

Install both programs then open up procexp.

Launch spellforce, load up any savegame file you want, go to greyfell and buy a fireburst level 1 scroll from vedimon geddiumus, he is in the central area of greyfell around all the merchants there. Put this scroll in the lower left slot on your first page of your spellbook.

then alt-tab back to windows.

Then open procexp window which you started earlier:

go to file, then run, then browse, and point it to where you have your artmoney executable installed, or conversely to the shortcut to run it.

Then hit run, artmoney should launch and then say yes to the waiver.

Close procexp, no longer necessary to be open.

In artmoney, in the select process drop down, highlight spellforce - the order of dawn, you cant do anything until you can see this process, so if you cant see it.... go back to the start and repeat the steps, you screwed up somewhere.

Continuing on.....

Hit the search button in artmoney

Select exact value, specify 102 for the value, in the box underneath select custom and in the next dialogue box make sure integer 2 bytes and 4 bytes are checked..leave everything else, press ok and go back.

click ok and watch artmoney search for the values, this will take a second or 2 depending on how fast your machine is.

now in the left column of artmoney you should see thousands of different values, these are memory adresses holding the integer value of 102, we want to modify only certain ones in here to get our stuff so to find the right values alt tab back into spellforce and move that fireburst spell over one slot in the spellbook,

alt tab back to artmoney

now press the sieve button, and set the value to 0 instead of 102.

This should narrow many of the results out, we are trying to get it down to 3 values, so if there are still more.. move the fireburst spell back into the EXACT same slot it was in before (lower left, first page)

then hit sieve again, and change value back to 102.

Repeat this process until you are left with 3 integer values, one 2 byte, and two 4 byte values.

Leave the 4 byte values alone, we are interested in the two byte value.

What we have found here now is the item code...that is currently in the PARTICLULAR slot in the spellbook we have the fireburst spell in. Changing the value of the two byte integer can give us any item in the game, from rune warriors, to spells, to equipment.

How it works, is you set the value to whatever you want (as long as it is a valid item code, which ill list below) then alt tab back into spellforce, pick up the fireburst spell as if you were going to move it into another slot and watch as it magically transforms into whatever you specified. Then just put this item you have picked up anywhere into your inventory in its corresponding type slot (runes on rune page, items on items page, spell scrolls on spell scroll page)

and enjoy the new item!!!

Important:

after you have done this and gotten whatever you want, make sure to change the original fireburst spell back to itself, or it will cause an error and your computer will blow up...haha, no it will crash the game likely. Just set the 2 byte value back to 102, then go into spellforce and pick up/put back the fireburst spell to restore it.

Some tips:

I recommend just trying one or 2 items first till you get the hang of it, GO THROUGH a bindstone to another level to make sure all data is updated and that the items, do not dissapear on you etc across level changes, so far this hasnt happened to me and i just hacked all spells and all the cool items (werent actually that many) i was missing from my high level char and i can go anywhere in game and they stay put.

dont forget to restore the fireburst scroll

If you would liek to get an item i dont have listed here follow these steps to find the code for any item you want.

Choose any empty slot in yout inventory, but one you can remeber.

i.e. page one upper right corner or something, that you wont forget.

put an item in there that i have a known code listed below for, cloth pants are availiable in greyfell from the first merchant you see when you come throught the front gate. well use those.

use the same search/sieve technique on the pants which value is: 533

(in artmoney search for the value 533, then move it over one slot, sieve the values for 0, then move it back, until you are left with 2 4 byte integer values - this is the item code for that item)

now alt tab back to spellforce, and just put any item you want in THAT PARTICLUAR SLOT (upper right first page), alt tab back to artmoney, and the value of the 4 byte integers will have changed to that item code, whatever you put into the upper right slot on page one.

This is usefull to do because you probably have items on other chars you wish you had on your current char or vise versa.

All the items codes i listed here i used this method, so unfortunately i items i dont have i dont feel like going through the list one at a time to figure em out.

Please list your item codes as you find them thanks.....

The nice thing is, now that we have found these 5 values in artmoney (3 for fireburst, 2 for the item slot)

You can save and load any of your savegames and these memory adress are still valid FOR THE SPECIFIC slots we have found (first page lower left spell book, 1st page upper right for item inventory)

So find the codes of the items you want using this method...

(or conversely do it the hard way and scroll through items one at a time increasing the value of your 2 byte integer until you try all values...brute force method)

Then just hack the items into any savegame you want.

Mundane

Post by Mundane » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:22 pm

rupuzioks wrote:for the name and item's icon, you need to add them in gamedata.cff file
I'm assuming this isn't as easy as a simple copy & paste. :shock:

And that being the case, might as well try to learn how to insert the item into the game. :lol:

And thank you for the tutorial, I'll try that. :)

btw, did you guys knew that IF you let Randolf Lightyear or whatever his name is, the guy that appear after your first encounter with the Dark One and leads you to the monument in Greyfell, if you let him die, he will drop a powerfull rune and some items?

Or was that a modded thing from this mod I'm playing with? I never let him die before so I didn't knew about that.
But the rune he drops is later available in Tirganach at that merchant that sells runes from ToOD.

rupuzioks
Site Admin

Post by rupuzioks » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:47 am

I just checked, he doesn't have any items on him to loot, it must be modded then

Mundane

Post by Mundane » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:00 pm

rupuzioks wrote:I just checked, he doesn't have any items on him to loot, it must be modded then
I though so since if I recall correctly, in BoW when we can buy it she's a crappy rune warrior with no magics and now she's all powerfull.

Quick questions if you guys can answer:

1. What is the best software to edit the gamedata? When I tried to translate it, I used https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/.

2. How can I know wich item to mod? With HxD it's all numbers and the names and dots...

Mundane

Post by Mundane » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:57 pm

A new question, what is your opinion on this editor:https://github.com/Hokan-Ashir/SFGameDataEditor?

With it, I managed to edit a bow to remove the requirements so that my mages can use it. :D

Unfortunatly. only been able to do that with modded gamedata from this forum and original. The one from that mod I was testing/playing with, don't open properly. I think it has something to do with all the modifications done there. :cry:

And the author gives credit and thanks to this here forum. :)

rupuzioks
Site Admin

Post by rupuzioks » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:31 am

well, all those editors were made based on my knowledge about gamedata.cff in hex.

I also use HxD hex editor, and you can find out in my offsets documentation about editing in hex.