Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Mods » Mod's discussions




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Experimentations
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:15 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:57 pm
Posts: 519
I can see you are looking at wrong place to do it

as for sets, I didn't look for those values yet

_________________
Tempus et vita, tempus et mortis


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mods discussions
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:06 pm
Posts: 8
rupuzioks wrote:
I can't promise, but next thing I'll do with modding is to change races you can command
for example: humans change to sha lizards, elves to blades, etc.


Even if the last post is pretty old I would like to see such a mod as I always wanted to play the undead :P

By the way can you change the model of your avatar to lets say the one of Ump?


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Experimentations
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:20 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:57 pm
Posts: 519
yes, I can change into anyone, but for that I need to wear that model armor, so after that you won't get any stats from other upper or lower armor

also that race mod is in my mind, but I don't have enough motivation to do it :)

_________________
Tempus et vita, tempus et mortis


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Experimentations
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:06 pm
Posts: 8
rupuzioks wrote:
yes, I can change into anyone, but for that I need to wear that model armor, so after that you won't get any stats from other upper or lower armor

also that race mod is in my mind, but I don't have enough motivation to do it :)


Does a race mod only change the models or can it even change the stats of units and their costs?

Also with turning into a troll by using a model armor, does that mean my troll avatar would have the animations of the troll or have bugged animations like do nothing at all when attacking?

If it wouldnt be too hard to do could you do such a mod for me to turn into the troll Umuruk from the map Leafshade from The Order of Dawn to play in the free play mode?

I sadly have zero experience with editing the gamedata and it seems to be very complicated to learn to me :P

Im looking forward to this playing as a god mod and its nice to see that there are still people playing the first spellforce.


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Experimentations
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:32 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:57 pm
Posts: 519
all animations will be as normal, there is 2 ways to do it:

1. choose some armor and then change model for it; (stats can be modded as well)
2. modify existing model armor so you can wear it, but then it won't have any stats, except armor class (or you can add stats, but that troll will be stronger with those stats too)

_________________
Tempus et vita, tempus et mortis


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Experimentations
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:06 pm
Posts: 8
rupuzioks wrote:
all animations will be as normal, there is 2 ways to do it:

1. choose some armor and then change model for it; (stats can be modded as well)
2. modify existing model armor so you can wear it, but then it won't have any stats, except armor class (or you can add stats, but that troll will be stronger with those stats too)


Can you give me a short step by step guide how to do the 1. way as I've never done that before and im unexperienced in this.

Thanks for the help.


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Experimentations
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:49 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:57 pm
Posts: 519
for that you will need to unpack *.pak files, and then modify sql_items.lua file

_________________
Tempus et vita, tempus et mortis


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Experimentations
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:06 pm
Posts: 8
rupuzioks wrote:
for that you will need to unpack *.pak files, and then modify sql_items.lua file


What programs do I need?
I got the Dragon Unpacker 5 to unpack the .pak files but what else do I need?
And where can I find sql_items.lua?


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Experimentations
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:59 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:57 pm
Posts: 519
you need to unpack all *.pak files directly into spellforce folder (in order one by one)
then you should see new folder in spellforce dir called script, there is that lua file

just choose some armor and modify it in that lua file, you need to find out how is named troll model armor though; and replace your chosen armor name with that

sorry I'm bad at explaining things :)

_________________
Tempus et vita, tempus et mortis


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Experimentations
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:06 pm
Posts: 8
rupuzioks wrote:
you need to unpack all *.pak files directly into spellforce folder (in order one by one)
then you should see new folder in spellforce dir called script, there is that lua file

just choose some armor and modify it in that lua file, you need to find out how is named troll model armor though; and replace your chosen armor name with that

sorry I'm bad at explaining things :)


With what program do I have to open this file? Its really complex for me ;P

Thanks for the help btw


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Mods » Mod's discussions


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
www.000webhost.com