Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Spellforce: The Order of Dawn

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:28 pm 

I wanted to ask, if there is an easy way, one could use in order to beat this pretty powerful mob?
With the level of your soldiers and the one of your avatar it is already a challenge to beat him alone, but since he is in a heavily guarded camp, it really becomes a bit annoying. Not impossible though.
I for myself have found a relatively reasonable strategy, but it is by no means elegant and/ or pretty. And thinking of new players/ people who would like to use your mods, it might get frustrating. That doesn't mean, that the mod of the map is bad, or not appreciated. I know, I could just use the unmodded map, but I don't want to renounce a whole map, because of one mob which in the end is defeatable and I also dont want to miss the EXP. In the end, I just want to give you some feedback on the mods.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

for me the easiest way is to build at least 4 white hands near entrance, use all healers from humans and elves and fight it alone with 2 titans :)

healers will be on hold not to charge in the battle

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:23 pm 

That seems actually quite good. My strategy is based on brute force. I built 6-8 elven armorys and then spam archers and wardens. (Well, the cheap elven meele fighter, I don't know the exact name for it in english) Anyway: This strategy works reasonably well, since you have literally unlimited wood at your disposal when playing elves.
My point however was, why exactly Stonefist exists in the first place at this specific location. Wouldn't it be possible to move him up to the mountains at the end of the map? As I mentioned before, the mob on its on doesn't pose a great threat on its own.
Although, as I am am reading through this, I can see, that this might be boring. The little surprise, when you see a lvl 25 mob this zone is actually quite funny. So I guess my argument is kind of invalid. Was it your intention to add a real challenge at this location, or did you just put it there without much thought? I am really interested in your thought process.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:51 pm 
Site Admin

he is lvl 20, at that time I didn't know a lot of stuff about modding, so Mordo added him for more exp
he gives a lot of exp :)

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:48 am 
Site Admin

yes, he is a unique monster like ferryman that gives a tremendous experience boost,
i beat him with towers, heal, and hold

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Spellforce: The Order of Dawn