Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Spellforce: The Order of Dawn

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Few questions
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:01 pm 

Hello again, a few more questions from your most needy poster. :o

1- If you kill Halicos in Farlorn’s Hope, he drops a “goldwheel”. I assume this item is not good for anything except selling it? Do you recall how much it is actually worth in gold? I don’t know if I want to bother killing him for it unless it is worth a lot of money.

2- I have found and reloaded many many level 10 spell drops and not once have I seen Summon Spectre. Any ideas or is it just an extremely rare spell?

3- I have been trying to “roll” the Helm of True Faith on The Rift for a while now with no luck. Those 2 chests are hard to access but I am able to do it every time now with my character build. Is there any NPC that sells that item or is it just a high level chest drop?

Post subject: Re: Few questions
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

1- I didn't see that item ever, and how you managed to kill Halicos since he is an ally?

2- It is fixed at Southern Godmark. You get it after The Dark One kills Sartarius.

3- 15% from 2 treasure chests; no from drops; there is no merchant selling it in campaign.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:31 pm 

You can kill Halicos by just moving your Orc army near his base. You can't tell your units to attack him but they will fight each other anyway without orders. He will eventually die in combat and you can loot him.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Hello, on q1: the coin is worth a little over 1 gold
on q 2 & 3: refer to this thread, download Greyfell and you'll never have to roll/reload again

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2

ps: do make a copy/backup of your current Greyfell map just in case

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:12 pm 

wow that stuff is pretty amazing. Must have spent a lot of time doing those mods.

If I read correctly, I can't change my Greyfell map unless I am starting a new character or I can do it with my existing characters? (just be sure to make a backup of my original)

Another question about importing to SotP. If I am level 30 or above, I cannot transfer. Correct?

That kinda sucks because I am gaining levels a bit quicker with all of my characters than I hoped.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

Your previous avatars will not see the added merchants & other differences that i made, that's all, they dont get any negative effect, but they also dont benefit from the change.
You can import if you are lv 30.9, but not after it ticked over to 31.

There is absolutely no need to worry about the import if you use modded Greyfell/Mirraw thur,
because you dont have to go through that second last map with all the lv 12 spells while you are still lv 28-30.9 , you will just buy them, and all other equipment you want, and when you feel like it,
-you make a save called for example Kickarse ready for import lv 30

Then you open SotP campaign, click on import, and scroll through the savelists (TOoD saves in blue & BoW saves in green IIRC) until you find
Kickarse ready for import lv 30, select it, and enjoy SotP campaign, which is the masterpiece of SF 1 :D

ps: I think you should also grab the onyx bay map, because it is easier said than done to get the lv 13 spells, and every other spell for that matter, that you truly will want to use in SotP,
they are equally hard to come by in SotP.
Still make a backup of your onyx bay map too, just in case you for unknown reason dont want to use the magic you actually skilled yourself in, in order to use i presume. :roll:
It is also a possibility that our maps are not compatible so you have to switch back.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:32 pm 

That is awesome that level 31 is the import cutoff, that extra level could work for me.

I am going to try and use your maps tonight and create a new character. Hopefully they are compatible. I am very interested to see exactly where you put the chests and did you say that you had monsters protecting them?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

The merchants & chests are at, or close at, the start of all maps,
then in onyx bay there is another place with chests behind some demons with additional lv 15 chests,
and some extra random chests before the exit.

The reason for the lv 15 chests behind the demons is that not all lv 15 spells are even for sale,
the likelihood of getting the kind of spells you want from a chest goes up magnificently if you already have the ability to wield them, so i suggest you dont open those chests until you got your lv 15 skill

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:37 pm 

another unrelated question, I started replaying my pure fighter build and wanted to make some changes and restart over again. I always question me skill choices because it always seems like dual wielding is better than a 2H weapon or a 1H with shield in most cases.

The question is, do you think Piercing or Blunt weapons are even worth the point investments? Additionally, most of the better blade weapons have double requirements like (9 Large Blade or 7 Light Blade) so do you even think it is worth it to invest points into the 2H Large Blade weapons?

I am wondering this because I am thinking about the eventual transition to SotP and the new weapons available in that game. thoughts?

ps - I intent to make a pure fighter build with no magic at all.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:39 pm 
Site Admin

The good news is that the only good weapon in SotP doesn't require any weapon skill at all,
4455 Hirinstaff [2H] - Light Combat Arts 15 or Heavy Combat Arts 15, Damage 38-51, Range 1, Speed: 95%, Effect: Fireburst, Icestrike, Death, STR 15, DEX 15.

The bad news is that a pure fighter is so badly underpowered that if you, like i did,
start your first campaign primarily as a fighter you'll get a bad first impression of SotP.

LC has some fairly ok weapons, a fast dagger with high death effect, an ice blade, a lifetap blade,
and a pain hammer, but they are all out-done by Hirinstaff, and with weapons equal, a HC beats a LC,
especially if you did the only sensible thing to make 2 points in LC for the spells.
Indeed the only useful weapons in SotP is those with effect, because the monsters, on top of being enormously strong and having infinite amount of stamina, got an absolutely insane armor !

Other good news is that SotP has armor sets that makes armor skill unnecessary, and indeed Amras set works well enough since there is only a single place where you fight ice, (where you get last 3rd zerbite stone for Hirinstaff) but that is a really tuff fight for a fighter :roll:
If you for a reason that i cannot see go for armor skill, then go for light armor, because HC armor almost always comes with a penalty on run. (And you WILL run, -> away)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Spellforce: The Order of Dawn