Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Spellforce: The Order of Dawn

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Few questions
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Cucci
Did you complete TOoD yet ?
I'd like to know at what lv you ended at ?
and about how much, if any, you camped ?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:05 pm 

I have not completed the TOoD campaign yet. I had to do some traveling for work so I have been unable to really progress at all. Before that, I started a new magic user avatar and wanted to get him to the same level and map as my melee avatar so I can advance and play them side by side. I was going to use these 2 avatars for SoTP the same way.

I am keeping some notes for feedback as well as level progression per map for each character.
I have not camped on any map so far. I have played each map as they were intended to be played and I believe my level progress for each avatar is going very well.

Currently my Melee Avatar is on The Rift and my Magic Avatar just finished Mulandir.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:13 pm 

Icegate Marsh, the monsters you added were the Trolls in the upper part of the map right? They seem to always fight the ice elves and eventually die. Not sure if intended.

S. Godmark, the Dark Elf at the start Sesturo? didn't really do anything. Where did that lvl 30 giant come from!! :) He is so highly resistant to magic and hits like a truck!

Also, something puzzling happened, perhaps as you intended but I am not sure. As I was exploring S. Godmark and killing blades, I noticed a corpse appeared on the right-hand side of the map. It was a dead Orc Firestarter and I think a high level ghost killed him, his name was Ghost of Arnma or something like that. The ghost did not fight the blades and wasn't tough to kill. The dead orc did have a sweet Orb on him with no level or weapon requirements on it.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:19 am 
Site Admin

Hello, i have modified just about every map lately, and think i'm very close to final edition.
The trolls are now at the troll monument, but i may put them on another lower lv map some day for more challenge.

The Firemaster 25 ork with the sweet orb is now in the shiel behind the army of grarg firemasters,
dryads will kill him for you.
That giant does hit hard, i could barely beat him alone.

Do check out latest mods, all maps are interchangeable with various gamedata, but only combined with rupuz modded gamedata will everything be for sale, like Shadowpulse in BoW, Hirinstaff in freegame, and every last spell in SotP, and my personal fave, Slingshot, for my aura healers so they now default to ranged attack instead of brawling with tuff fighters, in practice that mean they stand back a few steps and support your dedicated fighters with aura healing while flinging feathers :)

viewforum.php?f=14

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:16 pm 

Hey Mordo, I am just about done with both Campaigns for my Melee and Magic Avatar's. I kept track of my levels and other things, hopefully can let you know everything shortly. I have a few other questions for you real quick.

1 - The maps you modded on the other forum page are the most up to date versions that include the few changes discussed in this thread? I was wondering if I should update my current files with these new files?

viewforum.php?f=14

2 - If you choose to not use some excess Skill Points and Ability Points and want to save them for later levels beyond level 30, will they both transfer over to SotP as unused points or will they be lost when you import a character?

3 - I am going to start a new character based off one of my very old games. This character is going to be a ranged fighter with some magic thrown in.

My first question is probably an answer I should know. As an example, as you increase your skill level in Bows from 10 to 11, am I correct in thinking that it has nothing to do with an increase in damage? The only effect it has is to allow you to equip a higher level item, correct?

Secondly, for ranged damage, the higher your Strength the more damage you will do per hit, correct?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:46 am 
Site Admin

Hello.
1] Yes, in my opinion the latest version is better, for instance there is now only 2 stonefist in godwall, and they dont destroy the dwarf camp normally.

2] No problem, the two saves i made for example, Fighter base & Defensive 12, has an entire ocean of un-spent stats & skill points,
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37
just make sure that the spells you plan to eventually use is in the spellbook to the right, or they will be lost, same with equipment, only the stuff that you & hero team wear will be brought.

3] Yes, that is correct, OTOH as you increase in avatar level the same weapon will cause more damage even if you didnt increase strength

4] yes, its the strength that count most, but see above

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:25 pm 

Thanks for answering those questions.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:56 pm 

This might be a dumb question. If I already completed a map and have progressed farther in the game, then replace that old map with one of your new modded maps, use the bindstone to go back to the old map. Would that cause some sort of error in the game?

For instance, I replace the Eloni map with the new version of the map. Then I load my game and I am on Farlorn's Hope but want to go back to Eloni even though I completed that map when it was the older version of the map I just replaced.

Also, I was just curious as to why there was no modded map for The Rift?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

game will load as usual, but you won't see updated stuff unless you are not visited in that map before

mordo said, that in Rift he didn't know what to change, since that map is good as it is

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, like Rupuz said, you won't see the changes if you already entered before.
On Rift, i did mod it, but for some reason it didnt work out well,
my guess is that the same thing happened as in Stormcleaver rocks,
namely that a chest with blue ring requiring a key turn green and i could open the crawler fetish chest
without the key, i guess in Rift the first 3 chests turned green,
So that is why Stormcleaver rock isnt modded either.

The extra units i put in Rift is now in Whisper, medusas and bats from hell,
they are a good fight but you can take them with heroes,
another possibility is that they didnt put up a good fight by the lv you are at Rift and thats why i relocated them

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Spellforce: The Order of Dawn