Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Spellforce: Breath of Winter

Post subject: Abyss-Cenwen's prison
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:16 pm 

In the Abyss, does anyone have any ideas on how to sucecssfully attack the hordes of Crimson soldiers and destroy the buildings? I have built an army of 80 heavily armed elves and the Titan and 3 times tried to attack, but every time my army is swamped by a never ending flow of the Crimsons who regenerate at the spawn points as fast a they can be killed. My army has yet to get near the Crimson spawn points. Each time I rebuild my army to 80 back at the Elf Monument, the Crimson tide is at full swarm and the process begins again.
Any tips?
Thanks.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:55 am 
Site Admin

I usually solo this map, and what i do is always go for the buildings first.
As one building collapses, start clicking on a spot repeatedly so the DE can't surround you
when there is room where the building was previously standing.
Then attack next, then next, then when clear, -outa there and heal up.
(If they can close the gap after the building collapsed before you run, then you are doomed, but it will not happen if you click run, run, run, when building collapses)

I also camped another spawn, and IIRC they will eventually slow down spawning, but it takes quite a long while before that happen, so you can park with your army a bit away and just gain exp as they charge. I would easily chose windarchers + druids here, and have elf titan and yourself as tanks.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:05 pm 

thanks for the tip. It worked for me. Also, I used workers to build ice towers down the canyon path to the enemy, by way to absorb their rushes and wear them down without using up my troops. Then i ran at the spawn points to destroy all buildings. So with out respawns, my army eventually won out. The fight still took a long time to finish, but it is on to another scenario.
Thanks again, CB

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Spellforce: Breath of Winter