Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Spellforce: Breath of Winter

Post subject: Stuck at Level 14?
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:26 am 

When I got to Winterdeep and got the healing potion and helped the elf which gave me a brooch which I gave to the elf Hildis in Tirganach and then I went back to Winterdeep and started the mosaic sub mission and I managed to beat the 1st Keeper of the Mosiac,2nd Keeper of the Mosiac and the third but I gave up on killing the skeletons and the Keeper of the 4th Mosiac piece and I had levelled up to Level 14 and I went to Frostfall and eventually found the 3 missing pages of Darius's book and killed the Dracon,went back to Tirganach to talk to Ashgork and then went to Mirraw Thur and managed to kill all of the Crimson guards but I received no experience for all my hard work since Winterdeep!

I spoke to Ashgork and went to Echo Swamps to the the bones of Nazosh,eventually killed Ashgork for his bones and did the summoning but I need to get a blue and yellow gem to finish the Bone Carver sub quest.....I then went to Fastholme and slowly managed to kill a lot of the skeleton,zombies and goblins and destroyed virtually all of the towers and crypts but still got 0 expeience for all of that?I am still on Level 14 and according to the experience bar there is 0 experience.

I have the Spellforce:Platinum Edition installed v1.52 from the Spellforce Universe DVD pack installed.Is there a way to turn the experience back on or is there a way to level my character up using cheats,etc...?I would like to carry-on playing the game and finish it but since I get no experience at all for my "hard work"and other bugs seem to have been added to the add-on maybe due to the numerous patches like when I somtimes click on the benefactions spell it doesn't work and I have to unselect my character then re-select for the spell to work when I click on the button I feel "cheated".I did not encounter that bug in the v1.1 version of the game which is the original Spellforce:Order of Dawn that came with my Gigabyte graphics card years ago which I eventually finished the game recently.

Post subject: Re: Stuck at Level 14?
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:27 am 
Site Admin

That is definitely a bad bug, you should be at a bare minimum of 20 by now.
Did you make a lot of saves during your campaign so you can reload a save before it got messed up ?

There is 2 ways to get more exp:
One is to edit exp with artmoney, see link, but ignore first few lines, it's from lv 1 and for freegame.
(you will just edit the exp. to, lets say 94000 for lv 20, and then you will make 1 lv for every kill until you hit lv 20, after which normal leveling continues)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38
The other way is to reload before the save got corrupt, so hopefully you made a save at each lv,
and to boost exp, you should use modded maps, i would reload a save before i entered Winterdeep
and use modded maps, there is a ferryman in modded Winterdeeep that will give 2 lv,
another ferryman in fastholme, and another ferryman in nevershade
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2

ed: you MUST use a save before you entered a map, otherwise the mods will not take effect,
i.e there won't be any ferryman in the map if you have already entered that map with that save.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:55 am 

mordo wrote:
That is definitely a bad bug, you should be at a bare minimum of 20 by now.
Did you make a lot of saves during your campaign so you can reload a save before it got messed up ?

There is 2 ways to get more exp:
One is to edit exp with artmoney, see link, but ignore first few lines, it's from lv 1 and for freegame.
(you will just edit the exp. to, lets say 94000 for lv 20, and then you will make 1 lv for every kill until you hit lv 20, after which normal leveling continues)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38
The other way is to reload before the save got corrupt, so hopefully you made a save at each lv,
and to boost exp, you should use modded maps, i would reload a save before i entered Winterdeep
and use modded maps, there is a ferryman in modded Winterdeeep that will give 2 lv,
another ferryman in fastholme, and another ferryman in nevershade
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2

ed: you MUST use a save before you entered a map, otherwise the mods will not take effect,
i.e there won't be any ferryman in the map if you have already entered that map with that save.

Thanks...Will check to see if I still have a savegame before I travelled to Winterdeep but I doubt it. :'( If not will get around to try the artmoney savegame edit....*SIGH*

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:19 pm 

Unfortunately it turns out I had deleted the the savegame file by the bindstone and the portal to Wintersdeep in Tirganach.The last one is the savegame by the beginning of Tirganach.... :( So basically I have to edit the latest savegame and give my character lvl 20 so I can carry on with the game. :)

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:40 pm 

I looked at the tutorial but could not find the part on just how to change the lvl of your character as thats all I need.How do I find the location of the lvl pm art money?The thing is that hex editing is too confusing to me and thats why I have only tried to hex edited Need For Speed:Carbon as that is the only way to get the Audi R8 as a drivable car in your garage.... :(

Thanks.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:38 am 
Site Admin

Hello, you need to download the artmoney table that is directly under this sentence
"added artmoney amt table for editing,"
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38

What you do is first start standard artmoney, but just click continue, -you will not use it at all,
and then open the artmoney.amt
and in artmoney.amt 1] select spellforce, 2] search sequence of values 7, OK,
3] Now another window popped up, so look at your base values and fill in those, and select OK,
4] There is now only a couple of values or so in left window, so mark one of them,
then mark base agility and press Alt A, and then check copper, silver & gold if match,
if no match, mark another value in left window, mark agility again, and press Alt A, and check
if money match yet again.
5] When you found the integer in left window that DO match, just edit the experience
so it match any lv you want, like 120000 for lv 21, and then kill a few monsters until you no longer lv up notably, then make a save and close artmoney

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:16 am 

I am stuck with lena who is at the portal to tirganach, she does not come through portal. however i got to shaldun and other later maps by teleporting around earlier, trying to get better runes to camp a crimson attack for a little. now lena is at the portal while aedar cant go through the gate that is opened by a key keeper in frostfall.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:13 am 
Site Admin

What is the name of the map you are at now ?
if you press the [PrtSc] button on your keyboard while you are in game,
and then Alt Tab to windows, open paint, select paste, and save the image and upload here,
i will know where you & Lena are.

Another way is that you make a save, rar it, and upload here

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:54 pm 

I cannot upload the 9mb size of save game so i do this, i upload picture where lena is. Officially i am not further than the quest uphold the fortress. It is complete but Lena is there as i said why, earlier. Now seeking for a fix:D

I am at the frostfall map from mirraw thur.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, have you got the cut-scene where you fight with Dracon the lv 20 dark elf ?
And have you tried going through the portal into Tirgenach ?

... And wait ! what do you mean with Aedar cant go through the door that was opened by the
Key Keeper ?
How did you and Lena pass the gate then ?

Board index » Spellforce 1 » Spellforce: Breath of Winter