Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spellforce 1 » General discussion

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:02 pm 

Hello everyone !
I'd like to start a new topic about a nasty bug in Spellforce which affects maps with tons of enemies when building lots of towers . For the most part , the topic is oriented at people with skills of programming and/or someone who had ever encountered it many times. And of course at someone who likes to create it's own maps with lots of monsters.

Description - you play on a map with many enemies (especially over lvl 18) . Doesn't matter - Gampaign or not , but since you have over 80-100 towers (especially lenya towers) the game will freeze in about 1.5-2 , maybe 3 hours with this message

"...project\release\candidate\code\GdDoubleLinkList.cpp(272) :error Assertment failed! Message:CGDDoubleLinkList::Insert:no free node found! " the game is frozen - you have to load the previous save (if you're in campaign) , but it will happen again if you'll kill the same quantity of enemies with the same amount of towers in an approx. time before the crash.
If you're in the freegame mode - everything is lost.

I'm fighting this bug for many years , tried ALL suggested solutions , still no success...
IMPORTANT - I've tested it a gazillion times ! It is somehow linked to the quantity of enemies killed during the fight on this map, the more towers you build , the more enemies are dead per hour . I'm pretty sure the game has some kind of limitations on this ratio. It's simply not allowed to kill that much foes . Without modding this bug is permanent , any suggestions ?

Game versions affected - all ! since 1.30

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

well since I didn't need that much towers or to play more than 1 hour in any map, I haven't this bug
especially now with mods I can quickly level up anyway, also towers are good only for base defense

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:46 pm 

rupuzioks wrote:
well since I didn't need that much towers or to play more than 1 hour in any map, I haven't this bug
especially now with mods I can quickly level up anyway, also towers are good only for base defense

Version 1.50-1.54 also has this bug (and it is way nastier - happens faster), actually I was on version 1.52 for a quite long time before I returned to 1.36 (due to the better visual quality). And yes , I like to be on a map for a long time.

Board index » Spellforce 1 » General discussion