Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spellforce 1 » General discussion

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:40 pm 

Hi ^^

I am not sure if thats the right place for that thread, but since it is kind of a personal question... Dunno.

Anyways, I kinda like free game mode (Spencer & Hill made it more difficult and "fun" - except that too many entrances are never fun, but thats my personal preference :mrgreen: ) but ... well, I can't think of a motivation for playing it alone.

Campaign is finished so many times (more than 12 times), that I decided to give it a go. But somehow ... dunno. This might get complicated. Lets start with the question above: Whats your motivation/goal in free game? I think there are some reasons that are pretty obvious but my little twisted mind cannot think of such :shock: Do you play alone? Do you play with friends? How does playing with friends affect difficulty by the way? Are camps getting stronger? (Generally)

Well, I play alone. I am yet searching for a fun build that is not overly overpowered later on like something stupid(ly funny) builds like mind archer/mind warrior by mordo. Anyways I somehow lack the motivation. I play it, but it doesn't make fun, because I got no goal.

Yeah I know, I am some odd person.
Share your mind with me :P

~Syl

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

for me free game mode is mostly for the experimenting new builds, but it is nice to play with other players too, especially when each player is guarding different paths to the bases, if one is breached then it is often game over :)

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:23 pm 

I never finish free game(xD) because is boring, some quest's on high lvl and grind alone all this maps, SF2 have better free game but I never finish all quests :D.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:14 am 

Sf2 Free game somehow, despite the fact it has more features, is just boring AF in my opinion ^^ Wanted to try DotP fg but the graphics... Its so sharp, it hurts my eyes and I really don't know why it looks worse than Ds.

Anyways, maybe some time I actually dare to ask if someone wants to play with me, but in fact I always used cheats - once you use them, you use them always - so I really suck at the early game ^^* But in this moment I try a "no cheats" run with lc+ necro + curses (i call it archon).

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:41 am 
Site Admin

free game is not fun unless you play with someone, only ever for testing of an avatar concept can it be of use as single player. ( i use the last map when i want to quantify an avatar build rating) the reason is there is no continuity or story, no reward, no purpose

i'm up for some SF1 multiplayer on my hamashi networks Bpoo & Ammie2ndwife

for builds, you really ought to try out the death/earth/necro deathangel build,
its frikkin hilarious if you have put some effort into leveling it

the slingshot really goes a long way to help out the squishy mages at low levels,
never leave kreml without it

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:57 am 

Well you could give fm some purpose^^ Devs added the Nazshar/Shadowsong "Quest", why shouldn't it be possible to make quests on your own? (Btw I never saw this suggestion anywhere). If there just would be a nonbroken editor around ...

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:01 am 

Actually there is story in sf1 free game although short and on the higher level. It basically leads up to the events of sf2.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:52 pm 

My motivation to play Free Game mode is that only in this mode you can have infinite instances of one item (either via cloning or by going to the Marketplace multiple times), so you can experiment with builds more easily.

Board index » Spellforce 1 » General discussion